If you have any comments or suggestions for improvement you can email the team on email@example.com or leave a message on the blog http://blogs.rcuk.ac.uk/category/gtr/.
Following the highly successful official launch of Gateway to Research (GtR) at the House of Commons on December 4th 2013 we are pleased to announce the latest changes and improvements to enhance the Gateway to Research web-site.
Gateway to Research Release Update – Data and Technical Improvements
A number of key changes have been made to improve the data and usability of Gateway to Research. Latest developments to look out for are:
- Case Studies which show the value that business, research professionals and intermediaries are already getting by using the Gateway for Research.
- New Function – CSV export allows the data from your search to be translated into an Excel Spreadsheet, allowing you to analyse and manipulate the data about Projects, Publications and Organisations yourself. See this document for more information on the export function.
- A Related Projects’ tab has been introduced within Projects to show Transfer Grants. This tab will be developed further in the future to show other types of project relationships e.g. Training Grants and Studentships.
- RCUK data cleaned and updated up to January 13 2014.
- Training Grants are now shown for all seven Research Councils.
- Key Findings available for BBSRC.
- Additional roles have been added to the ‘People’ tab within a Project. It is now possible to also see Researcher, Researcher Co-Investigator and Training Grant Holder where appropriate.
- Improvements to Abstract information for Training Grants related to specific training schemes.
- The CERIF API has NOT been updated to reflect the above changes but this will follow and be communicated shortly.
- There have been no changes to the structure of the GtR and GtR-2 APIs in this release.
The next data update will be based on information from source systems (e.g. the outcome collection systems) as of March 7 2014. This is the cut-off date for information to be entered onto the source systems in order for it to be shown in the next GtR release due in April 2014.
Look out for Studentships information
In our efforts to provide a high-quality service we will continue to improve the quality of data and usability of the Gateway for Research website/portal. This is based on continuous dialogue and feedback from you, our users and key stakeholders.